Wishlist

Guest jatin.chaudhari

Guest jatin.chaudhari

What all features would you like to have in a blood bank software if you were asked to customize it as if it is in your hospital or just imagining????:rolleyes:

Hi Jatin- here is my wish list:

1. I need different colours on a screen- not just black/white - to prevent each different section looking the same.

2. I need to be able to 'jump' from one section to another in one step, not have to open another 3 windows.

3. I prefer windows based systems

4. I also like 'audio' sounds- e.g so if I am trying to allocate an incompatible unit -get an audio and visual warning stating the problem

5. Patient antibody history/ special requirements must be easily accessible in all relevent sections.

6. Easy to extract statistics, preferably to be export to an excel document.

7. Has good component traceability functions- gives warnings of missing units etc.

8. Reagent inventory

9.QC logging

10.A user configurable teaching package

11. To be able to access current lab SOPs and documents when performing tasks.

There are many other things i'll remember eventually- but i'm sure other folk will soon join in.

Guest jatin.chaudhari

Hi Rashmi,

The features you have mentioned are quite valid which I have been thinking of incorporating and some of them are new to me. Thanks for the useful points. Will be waiting for some more inputs from all the folks out here.:)