Software for capturing Aliquot Info?

Has anyone seen or heard of a stand-alone software that will capture the information that we currently have to manually write down on a log each time we make an aliquot?

Examples: Date, Time, Donor Number, Product Code, Lot Numbers of sterile welder wafer, tubing, bags, syringes, etc. and then the relabeling double-check?

I stumbled upon something on a web-page back several months ago, gave the company a call, the rep said she would get back to me after the holidays and she never has. Now I can't remember the name of the company, and I am interested in submitting something like this for our budget next year (which we are already having to put together now!)

Our hospital uses MediTech and they don't offer anything like this as part of their aliquot or components (modify) routines. Apparently, they have no plans to add this feature to MediTech either. Now that most of this information is barcoded and could be scanned, it seems like such a waste of time (and opportunity for error) to have to hand-write it all each time.

Thank you! Sheri

Sheri,

You may want to check out Psyche Systems Corporation. They have a module called SBB Blood Bank Inventory and Transfusion Module. While it is a full system, it can exist standalone and can be scaled back to what you need it for. It is very affordable as blood bank software goes. There is a screen that allows you to barcode a unit and create sub-id's or aliquots of any component type. There are many of the fields that you referenced to store the information, and it also prints ISBT compliant component labels. It carries the FDA 510K approval and is ISBT-128 compliant. It's also web-deployed. Their website is http://www.psychesystems.com.

I hope this helps you.

BrianK

Has anyone seen or heard of a stand-alone software that will capture the information that we currently have to manually write down on a log each time we make an aliquot?

Examples: Date, Time, Donor Number, Product Code, Lot Numbers of sterile welder wafer, tubing, bags, syringes, etc. and then the relabeling double-check?

I stumbled upon something on a web-page back several months ago, gave the company a call, the rep said she would get back to me after the holidays and she never has. Now I can't remember the name of the company, and I am interested in submitting something like this for our budget next year (which we are already having to put together now!)

Our hospital uses MediTech and they don't offer anything like this as part of their aliquot or components (modify) routines. Apparently, they have no plans to add this feature to MediTech either. Now that most of this information is barcoded and could be scanned, it seems like such a waste of time (and opportunity for error) to have to hand-write it all each time.

Thank you! Sheri