Looking for Meditech Magic Users...........

I would consider myself as a new Blood Banker considering I have only been in my current position of Blood Bank Coordinator for approx. a year and half. Before that I was a Generalist for 8.5 years in a 150 bed hospital laboratory. It seems as if I learn something new about Blood Banking everyday! Our hospital uses Meditech Magic and we are on v. 5.62. We also are fortunite enough to have an Ortho ProVue. I recently found this web site / forum for Blood Bankers and think it's awesome. I'm currently interested in compiling a list of contacts that I (or our lab LIS Coordinator) could communicate with. Besides just being able to have a contact list, we are particularly interested in communicating with those folks that have an interface for their analyzer, those that are using Meditech's eTAR, and those that are using a bed side barcoded/scanning ID system? These are all currently items being considered for our Blood Bank, any help in pointing me in the right direction for information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!:thanks:

I'm on Meditech C/S v5.64 right now, with a move to v6.0 planned for early next year. It was my understanding that TAR is not functional until then.

There are a whole bunch of Meditech users who monitor this board, some are quite knowledgeable about using rules and the actions of various settings. We all learn alot from the postings.

I would ask away ...

We are Meditech Magic 5.62 Priority Pack 8 (whatever all of that means!).

We have an Echo. Validation is mostly done and I am trying to work on the interface.

We are NOT using TAR yet... too many other projects, I guess. Our lab will be implementing bedside scanning for Phelbotomy staff 'soon'.

It is always good to share problems/solutions with other users.

Linda Frederick

We are using Meditech Magic 5.61v. I implemented the ISBT 128 for our market (3 hospitals). Next year, we will be going to eTAR.

I'm not seeing the nurses wanting more on their plate. We currently collect all transfusion slips and enter them by hand. We do not use the "presumed transfused" routine.

Please keep me in mind as we can be mutual resources.