rhogam storage

Nancy L.

I have a question regarding rhogam storage. I know it has to be refrigerated at 2-8oC. I am unaware of any requirment that the temperature needs to be monitored at least every 4 hours like the blood products. If a unit of rhogam were issued and later returned to the blood bank, is there any requirement that it had to have had the temperature monitored or be within a certain amount of time? I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this question. We are updating some of the details in our procedure manual and this is one of the questions that came up. Hope you can help!

I recently contacted Ortho concerning this issue due to a refrigeration problem. I got a written statement from them that says, "Data collected by OCD confirms that the product remains stable even when exposed to temperatures as high as 33'C for up to 10.5 hours. In addition, RhoGAM remains stable subsequent to a freez-thaw cycle."

I was able to get this statement by calling the Technical Assistance line and requesting it.