Trm.20000

melvolny

TRM.20000 - has to do with a documented QC/QM program specific for Transfusion Medicine.

We just had our CAP inspection and were cited for not having a QM program specific for the tranfusion service. The General Lab QM program was not enough.

I shudder to think of writing one from scratch. Does anyone have an outline you would be willing to share? :)

It would be greatly appreciated and extremely time saving.

Melissa

We have a separate 'Quality Plan'; but I have been wanting to eliminate it as wordy and not effective. Part of what we have is a Quality Assurance protocol wherein I detail every QC and instrument maintenance and the schedules for all of this. I was hoping that plus the General Lab's QM would be enough. Are y'all saying this is not enough?

• 1 month later...

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned AABB. This area is called "Commendable Practices" and it has different SOP's and other things that AABB assessors have posted from some of their inspections as a good way to do something. It has various ideas for all 10 QSE's. To get to it go under the members area of AABB then accreditation the commendable practices.

Doug