Blood Transfusion Audits

Liz,

Send me your email and I will send you our checklists. They specifically address ISO15189, and EU Drective on traceability and haemovigilance but I am sure you would find useful stuff in it. I use a vertical units audit and a specimen trace audit, but could send both if you are interested.

Regards, W Eoin

COULD ii PLEASE HAVE A COPY OF BOTH AUDITS TOO?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Edited by Cliff
Email address removed by admin

• 3 weeks later...
Liz,

Send me your email and I will send you our checklists. They specifically address ISO15189, and EU Drective on traceability and haemovigilance but I am sure you would find useful stuff in it. I use a vertical units audit and a specimen trace audit, but could send both if you are interested.

Regards, W Eoin

Would you mind sending them to me? I am starting to set up audits and would appreciated any suggestions.

Edited by Cliff

Eoin,

I am also very interested in your checklists. Would you please send me a copy too?

Thank you ery much,

carol1

Edited by Cliff

Could you please send me your checklist too? Presently we check to see if the form was filled out correctly, things like witness, date. We also see if the transfusion met out guidelines. If there is a problem, the blood bank director send a letter to the physician. I don't think this is very effective. I would welcome other suggestions. I did a presentation yesterday at surgical grand rounds involving Informed Consent and basically the docs don't want to spend time doing it correctly. I understand some of their frustration in that the average person in South Carolina reads on a 5th or 6th grade level. Then, how do you reward good behavior practices? Thank you Liz for brining this question up!

Bunches of thanks.

Edited by Cliff

Please note that Eoin has already posted his excellent checklists earlier on in this thread,so they are available to download. No need for your email addresses, just scroll back a few pages.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

Anyone looking for audit checklists - scroll back in this thread and see where I attached them.

Seems some visitors asking for them as well - Become a member - I can recommend it. We all keep the grey cells churning and at least half the synapses firing.

Regards to All

Eoin

Edited by Eoin

• 2 months later...

Wow, this is a popular thread.

I have added the documents to the document library, and since most of the responses are requests for documents that have already been posted, I have closed this thread.

Eoin, thank you very much for this contribution!

I have also deleted the emails listed throughout the post to cut down on the amount of spam you receive. :)