Special Testing-CMV negative

We are currently printing our modified labels using the HemaTrax Standalone Software, and I have noticed that the modified labels for CMV negative units have the eye readable description of "Negative to antibodies to CMV" (special test code: N0008). Our supplier also uses the same special testing code of N0008 but their translation is "CMV antibody negative". I was wondering what other facilities are using as the translation for this special test.

• 2 months later...

I just saw your post, sorry it wasn't sooner.

ICCBBA at their website, has a listing called "Special Testing General" that was last updated 03/01/08. It lists all the acceptable codes for Special Testing that can be used in ISBT 128. The code you are referencing N0008 is interpretated as "CMV seronegative". The code (1aaaa) for "CMV antibody negative" is no longer in use.

• 9 months later...

Hello,

The US Consensus Standard for the Uniform Labeling of Blood and Blood Components v3.0.0 draft H (April 2009) in section 7.6 page 93 lists the testing code as "N0008" and the description as "Negative for antibodies to CMV".

Your original post indicated your description as "eye readable description of "Negative to antibodies to CMV".

Hope that helps.