Helmer Plasma Freezers

conwaysbb

Doing due diligence on selection of a new plasma freezer.

I am interested in the Helmer Plasma Freezers. However, since Helmer just started making these freezers, I don't have much information about the quality of the Helmer plasma freezers.

Would appreciate it if anyone could tell me their experiences and whether they feel that the cost of Helmer's freezers are appropriate.

Thanking you in advance

I bought a Helmer (iPF 125-8) in 2006 and haven't had any problems with it. The storage size was perfect for our needs for storage of 80+ FFP units. It can store around 350 units easily and the only thing, besides having our maintenance department do a quarterly cleaning, I need to do with it is change the temp. chart every week.

I equate it to a good NFL referee and a good neighbor - the best ones are those that you don't even know are there. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the market and have used the Harris freezer, an undercounter model, for the last five years and we will be purchasing a Helmer in the next budget to replace the undercounter model. We transfuse about an average of 90-100 units of FFP and 50-80 units of Cryoppt. per month. The U/C model no longer suffices for all the other items that we store in addition to FFP & Cryoppt. We currently have a Helmer plasma thawer (rock solid) and a platelet chamber/rotator. The reliability is on par with Thermo/Jewett.

Barr Antilla

Texoma Medical Center

Denison, TX

Here is a link to an external site that vends Harris freezers, we have model#HLT-5v-30pf(three drawers and can hold up to 99 bags) and we have owned the unit since 1994. I do not have the vendor we purchased it from, but it was most likely Fisher Scientific

http://www.mandel.ca/products/General_Lab_Equipment/Freezers_Refrigerators/Undercounter_Plasma_Freezers/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We have had the Helmer Freezer over a year. It has had a power boost installed and and the compressor relay replaced.

We are a trauma center--but approximately 20 units of all kinds are kept.

This freezer should be able to handle that workload without the break downs