HCLL Users

Hello All,

Our Site is very seriously considering HCLL as our BB solution. Is anyone LIVE yet? I don't know of anyone in New Jeresy who is live. One of our sites has Hemocare and the other has Misys. Anything quirkie with this verison? How are the Management reports? Our current Hemocare site has to do alot of manual data gathering. Anyone interface HCLL to their LIS?

thank for the info.

Jersey

• 2 weeks later...

We will go live with LifeTrak in January 07, and HCLL in August 07.

We will interface HCLL with our homegrown system, which is quite a task. We will retrieve patient demographics and orders from the system, and send back specimen information and test results.

• 4 weeks later...

we are live with HCLL - one month yesterday. It was forever gettying there but so far so good. I was the project manager and work with one other tech to configure the system, validate and write SOPs. I would be glad to answer specific questions if you have them. We are an AABB IRL with an active transfusion service for some of our smaller local hospitals.I am very pleased that we went with HCLL - we were hemocare users for years.

we decided not to label our reagents as a label would be difficult for the small vials (C3 check cells for example). We also decided to only nter one vial of each lot#. Otherwise, we would have to add a label to each vial (1,2,3...) and would have to update the status each time we open a new bottle. I'm not sure if we will decide to change that some day but for now we will do it the easy way. We are a reference lab so we made our specimen lables with just Name, case# and specimen# (written and barcode). It's working very well so far. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

we are live with HCLL - one month yesterday. It was forever gettying there but so far so good. I was the project manager and work with one other tech to configure the system, validate and write SOPs. I would be glad to answer specific questions if you have them. We are an AABB IRL with an active transfusion service for some of our smaller local hospitals.I am very pleased that we went with HCLL - we were hemocare users for years.

Can you tell me the elapsed time from start to finish and how much effort it took to get the job done? Can you also identify what computer system work you did vs. what the vendor did?

We are planning to convert to HCLL from Hemocare but we do not know how to put together a realistic timeframe, nor do we know the resources required. We have 11 hospitals going into one central system.

Thanks.

:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

well, it took us over a year from training to go-live. we also were hemocare users. It just takes time to build the tables and mapping but as more sites are implementing, I think support is improving. We only have 2 sites at this time. There were only 2 of us working on it and for the last few months we were almost full time concentrating. Data conversion went quite well - isues were easily resolved. The nice thing is that we were able to use hemocare for donwtime so we still could print tags.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Our site went live with HCLL in March. The implementation process took almost 2 years, and that was with Best Practices. We had many issues with interfacing to our homegrown LIS.

We also decided not to track our reagents in the system because this was too labor intensive. We kept our specimen labels from the LIS.

Julie- have you noticed an extremely large number of quality exceptions (i.e. unlocking screen, reassigning work, etc.?)

Also, is this how you are notified of ADT updates?

• 2 weeks later...

Our go-live is in Nov 07, we have been working on implementation since Feb 07. It has been an intensive and resource demanding project. We are facing ISBT at the end of the year from our supplier so must be ready. We have a project manager, almost 2 FTEs of CLS personnel, and two IS people who are spread across several other projects as well. There have been workarounds for specimen collections and order/test processing and resulting. Interfacing with our HIS has been a challenge. We will handle reagent labeling similar to Julie in Ft. Lauderdale. Specimen collection and labeling will go through our LIS.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm passing along a question from another facility also in the process of implementing HCLL. They are having an issue with the Hematrax codabar product code label. The last row of information regarding temperature is not printing. All required data (store at 1 - 6 C, etc...) is built in the HCLL configuration table. This is not a stand alone label system. Any ideas?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Are any HCLL users up with (or ready for) ISBT yet? We are having difficulty understanding how the ISBT Product Process table works. It seems to have the correct information yet we are not getting the correct product choice as the result of processing, in particular pooling for exchange transfusion. Any advice or pointers would be appeciated.

Suzanne:pcproblem

• 3 months later...

Cliff,

We would like to look at HCLL as our blood bank solution, but can't seem to get the company to respond to our requests. Would you happen to have any current information on whom to contact? We would also like to speak with you regarding your experience with the install and implementation. 320-231-4648, ask for LaDonna.

Thanks much

Cliff,

We would like to look at HCLL as our blood bank solution, but can't seem to get the company to respond to our requests. Would you happen to have any current information on whom to contact? We would also like to speak with you regarding your experience with the install and implementation. 320-231-4648, ask for LaDonna.

Thanks much

Hi,

Mediware's contact page is here. As for our implementation experience, I will be happy to answer any questions, but please post them here in the forum, so others can respond also.

sorry for the delay - i dropped off the earth for a while I guess. Yes - exceptions are a big pain. In Hemocare, we were able to turn off the ones that we weren't concerned about. At least they are graded so when time is short, we are sure to review the critical ones first. I will try to log on more often. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Cliff,

Thanks much

LaDonna, I'll pass your request on but feel free to call Steve Sedlock at 760.250.1999.

• 3 months later...

If any other HCLL users out there could confirm this behavior I would appreciate it! When a unit in the orphan file is edited, specifically the patient name, it does not update the patient name column in the Inventory module which leads to confusion. However, if you view the orphan information it is correct and the unit matches up appropriately with patients when they arrive.

Thanks

We are going live with HCLL Transfusion 2.9.3 on 8/12, an 8 site multi-facility group on the same database.

We are former Hemocare users and also looked at one other vendor. This system is like Hemocare on steroids but our current system is 15 years old! Like any system it doesn't function exactly like the old one but we've managed to come up with workarounds.

We have had AT LEAST 1.5 FTE working on this, a BB sup, LIS coordinator and current staff tech who is a whiz with HC. It will take all 3 of us to get everything done that needs to be done before go-live. The training takes a while but the staff has caught on just fine.