New Site Name

Cliff

When we opened this site it had a completely different purpose, it was going to be a commercial product for tracking donor loss, hence the site name of “DonorLimits”. Since that time we have decided to forgo that path and are considering several new ideas. With this new direction we no longer feel the site name is fitting. We’d love your help in coming up with a more “generic” name to describe a general blood banking site. We have been wracking our brains trying to find one we like and is an available site name. Feel free to contact us with any suggestions.

Thanks Lu,

The thought is to have a generic site that this forum will be a part of.

You'd be surprised to find out how many site names are taken. We were interested in one name that someone owned but never had any plan to use. There have been many well publicized cases of this happening, I remember one related to Burger King. Someone registered the name before Burger King themselves did and wanted them to pay huge amounts of money for it. People who do this repulse me. If you have an honest product that you want to sell me I'll consider it, but there are some out there that simply register names and then hold them hostage. The last person I contacted said they had recently turned down an offer of $18,000 for the right to use the name. Keep in mind that it costs about $8 dollars to register a name. Slime! :mad:

Cliff,

How about a name from the latin root words Sanguis Negotiator Dialectici? (not grammatically correct, just the root words). Although I doubt anyone would use any of those words in a search. This is a technical site for blood bankers.... my other ideas are too cutesy and I don't like them.

Just a thought!

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

I know everyone has been anxiously awaiting our decision on the new name. :tongue:

First thanks to all who posted here or contacted us directly.

We have decided on BloodBankTalk.com. During the month of February the new site will be built and we will transfer this site over to that new domain. We will make several more announcements and send a few newsletters reminding you of these changes.

More to follow...