Please help- Freezer problem

Jane

I am having a problem with our plasma freezer and I was wondering if any one else has seen this type of problem. During the defrost cycle, the temperature is going up too much and is approaching the -18 mark at which time we'd have to move our plasma. Our refrigeration repairman whom we've used for a long time says that the voltage is dropping too much from the outlet and this is causing the problem. Manufacturer's specs say that the voltage should drop no more than 10% and it is dropping 20%. This in turn is causing a strain on the compressor, making the cycle last longer than it should, etc. Our facility services people say there is no problem and that anytime a motor is trying to run it will drop the power.

Any advice? I've confirmed from the manufacturer that these specs are the case and that this will cause the problems I've described.

Thanks,

Jane

I have no specific advice, but I'd try and make it someone else's problem. Seriously.

Call the manufacturer and ask for advice. Then take this advice and ask you facility service people how you can correct this concern. Let them know this is a patient safety issue.

That's what I would start with, I hate owning problems.

We had a similar problem several years ago. Our Maintenance Dept. installed a Ground Line conditioner which is basically a box that the power goes thru first before it goes to the freezer, and it keeps fluctuations in power from getting to the freezer. (They also had to replace the defrost probe on the freezer).