Need New procedure for Emergency Release

Jane

I would be more than happy to share our SOP. It is based on having at least 4 O+ and 4 Oneg pre-labeled and ready to go. We use it not only for true emergencies but also when we can not get a second sample to confirm a blood type on a new patient. Our strict 2 sample policy has prevented several errors this past year alone. Hope it is useful.

I am having difficulty adding an attachment to this reply. If you send me an email address I will send separately.

They (Cliff) likes it when we attach the procedure here if you don't mind doing that. If you do mind- then you can send it to me at Removed e-mail address, spammers get lots of them this way, please send a private message to Jane if you want to learn her address.. Thanks!

I don't mind attaching it. I keep getting an error message not sure what iam doing wrong. This is the error message I get:

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/bb-0013.00_emergency_blood_component_release.doc.

I'll send to your email address separatley and you can post it if you like.

Sorry you had trouble uploading, I looked into the problem. There was a folder permission that was wrong, I have reset it.

You should be able to upload it now.

I do like it when people post their files for all to share, but I also understand that not everyone will be comfortable with that. Either is fine. If I see posts where people are sharing files, I often ask the person offering the file to post it for all to see.

I added a test file here to make sure it worked.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a version of our emergency release sop and the form that goes with it. It is used for emergency release and when a patient is transported to another facility and the blood goes with them.

I think I discovered why they didn't upload. They are the last of my WPD (word perfect documents). I will try to get them converted to a word.doc and try again.

Updated to word.doc. Let's try again. Looks like it worked.

TM0001f1.doc

TM0001v6s.doc