CAP Inspector Requesting Documents in Advance

AB123

We have an upcoming CAP inspection for all Lab sections and today we have received a big list of documents, Policies and Procedures etc, that one of the inspectors wants us to send them in advance. This is the first time we have experienced this with CAP especially as its an onsite, not remote inspection. 

Thoughts on this?  

Edited by AB123

• AB123 changed the title to CAP Inspector Requesting Documents in Advance

Just curious, do they want the documents sent electronically or hard copy?  Either way, especially since you referred to the request as a "big list" I would probably, respectfully decline.  I would indicate that the listed documents would be readily available upon their arrival.  But that just me and I never had an inspector request anything like this.  I'm sure things have changed since my last CAP inspection.

:coffeecup:

8 minutes ago, John C. Staley said:

Just curious, do they want the documents sent electronically or hard copy?  Either way, especially since you referred to the request as a "big list" I would probably, respectfully decline.  I would indicate that the listed documents would be readily available upon their arrival.  But that just me and I never had an inspector request anything like this.  I'm sure things have changed since my last CAP inspection.

I agree. CAP had a HIPPA compliant process for this during COVID and it was a PITA (see if you can figure out that acronym ;)). Outside of that, I would inform them that all those records would be available upon their arrival.

46 minutes ago, John C. Staley said:

They requested by e-mail and haven't sent any official sharing links so I guess there expecting them back by e-mail which from what I've found from the CAP website is not one of the acceptable ways of sharing documents in advance., and yes, the list is 3 sides of A4 paper long so its a pretty large list. 

I did find the below on the CAP website, and it seems there is an option to "Opt" for advanced document review, however we have not, so I think we will be declining this. 

Thanks 

ScreenHunter_786.jpg

Edited by AB123

6 hours ago, John C. Staley said:

Normally if I request items, they are specific items and just request them to be available AT the time of inspection. When we did our virtual inspections, we requested digital copies.