Workstation Recommendations

BankerGirl

We are in the process of remodeling our Lab to accommodate an automation line and need to replace our decades-old lab benches and storage.  Has anyone done this recently that can give me recommendations on suppliers?  I should mention that we are in the US.

Edited by BankerGirl

Any of the major laboratory suppliers can help with lab design and furniture, for a price, of course. VWR (Avantor) and Thermo-Fisher are probably top of the list. I think that Mabel is referring to "Herman Miller" - a longtime standard for labs and offices. I think they may sell direct or through the distributors.

Good luck. Designing a new space can be both fun and frustrating. Nothing can ever be perfect, compromises always have to be made.

On 3/10/2023 at 4:43 PM, BankerGirl said:

We are in the process of remodeling our Lab to accommodate an automation line and need to replace our decades-old lab benches and storage.  Has anyone done this recently that can give me recommendations on suppliers?  I should mention that we are in the US.

Have you asked the vendor who is providing the automation line for a Six Sigma or Lean evaluation of your lab? They may be able to provide recommendations for furniture and storage.

11 hours ago, exlimey said:

Any of the major laboratory suppliers can help with lab design and furniture, for a price, of course. VWR (Avantor) and Thermo-Fisher are probably top of the list. I think that Mabel is referring to "Herman Miller" - a longtime standard for labs and offices. I think they may sell direct or through the distributors.

Good luck. Designing a new space can be both fun and frustrating. Nothing can ever be perfect, compromises always have to be made.

Yes!  Herman Miller!  They are modular so can be reconfigured rather than requiring remodeling for analyzer changes etc.