Temperature Alarm Testing

AB123

We have an nonconformance for temperature alarm activation testing, as per the assessor they wanted to see the alarm activation at exactly the set alarm temperature. I feel this is unrealistic to get it exactly on the set activation temperature. Is there any references or guidance on this I can follow for what is required? I've looked in the AABB Technical manual but don't seem to be able to find anything specific, what I'm looking for is some guidance on how close to the stated alarm activation temperature, the alarm must activate. 

Thanks

On 2/28/2023 at 1:52 PM, AMcCord said:

My interpretation has always been that the alarm should sound at or before the set point. The set point should be low enough to allow time to move products if necessary. But we are CAP inspected, not AABB.

Correct. That is why we typically use 5.5 as the upper set point instead of 6.0. If it alarms at 5.6, you are still covered and have time to move product before it reaches the upper limit. I think that is why I am confused by the OP's citation. I wonder if they have it set to 6.0