Grifols analyzer users: Roll call!

RRay

I have experience with Grifols analyzers but am currently with Ortho.  With the multitude of supply issues and delayed shippings I'm trying to see if Grifols is feasible, especially in my area.  I don't know of anyone in the West-Midwest using them.  Everyone I know on Grifols is east coast or west coast.  Curious to know if you've experienced any supply delays, back orders, etc.  The core lab is shopping for alternatives to Ortho, so I may as well too.  Any feedback appreciated! :)

• 2 months later...

Haha!  Crickets.  :sleepy:

After proposals and price lists, the cost was just a smidge more than Ortho with all supplies for a year's worth of testing considered.  However, they still do not have FDA approved enzyme panel or special antigen antisera approved for use on the analyzer.

However, I was just burned again by another missing Ortho shipment and had to borrow from a neighboring facility.... I'm tempted.

I've done the full day demo for BioRad and am neutral on it.  My old blood center when to it from Ortho gel.  My small peeve with that one is that the single row specimen holders for the analyzer tip over so easily!

I've used Grifols before and didn't have problems.  The lack of enzyme panel is only a slight inconvenience.  We ficin treated cells as needed instead (rarely).  What issues have you had with Grifols?

On 12/30/2022 at 8:10 AM, jayinsat said:

I would consider switching to Immuco ECHO Lumena before going to Grifols. You could also look at Bio-Rad's IH system for gel alternatives. That said, I prefer Ortho for gel and Immucor for solid phase. 

I second the Echo suggestion. I have had zero issues getting reagents through the whole Covid/supply chain problem period (which is ongoing). We are geographically isolated customers but still receive good support service when we need it.  Pricing for tube reagents is much cheaper when your facility is in the automation pricing tier.

Been using the Grifols Erytra for a few years and I'm a big fan.  I find it very user friendly and efficient, low maintenance and none of the garbage reactions I've had to deal with before with Echo and Ortho

The only supply chain issues I have had were FedEx related and my rep has always been fantastic communicating any issues and ensuring we got what we needed.

Edited by amarke

My experience was great also.  Only once has Grifols not been able to fill an order (just wash solution) and they called AND emailed to notify that they were only sending 1 box to keep us operational and would then send the rest on a specific date.  So nice!  With ortho, I don't know what's not coming until it doesn't show up, even with standing orders.  Trying to get updates is a losing battle.  Every single standing order delivery of cards from ortho arrived late last year, by more than a couple days.