Dream equipment/products/supplies?

RRay

I would upgrade both of my blood storage refrigerators to the Helmer i-series and set them up for downloading temps so less paper trail. I would bring in a new Echo (ours is upgraded, but old). I would remodel Blood Bank (knock out a wall) to give us a little more room and a more ergonomically friendly space to work, maybe add another spot to flex to workspace for MTP events and for our students. Actually, I want a whole new Blood Bank with more room and windows! I don't want much really............

On 9/28/2022 at 6:24 AM, AMcCord said:

I would remodel Blood Bank (knock out a wall) to give us a little more room and a more ergonomically friendly space to work, maybe add another spot to flex to workspace for MTP events and for our students. Actually, I want a whole new Blood Bank with more room and windows! I don't want much really............

Space... the final frontier.

More space would be excellent!  For us, 2 people in there is too many... add a student or trainee in the mix and it's uncomfortable.

On 9/28/2022 at 6:24 AM, AMcCord said:

I would upgrade both of my blood storage refrigerators to the Helmer i-series and set them up for downloading temps so less paper trail. I would bring in a new Echo (ours is upgraded, but old). I would remodel Blood Bank (knock out a wall) to give us a little more room and a more ergonomically friendly space to work, maybe add another spot to flex to workspace for MTP events and for our students. Actually, I want a whole new Blood Bank with more room and windows! I don't want much really............

At my last large facility they built a new hospital (we moved in in March 2002).  Lab supervisors were able to design their section.  As a fluke I put windows in my design.  I was shocked when, on our first walk through the Transfusion service actually had windows!!!  Wish I had put a couple in my office!

On 10/3/2022 at 7:41 AM, AuntiS said:

I would love centralized temperature monitoring.  Ideally, the whole hospital (i.e. pharmacy and what not) would be connected.

How about electronic inventory management?

RFID technology for the units?

sandra

The temp monitoring is crucial.  I don't know if I could go back.  If I didn't have it, that's what I'd get.... although I'd choose a different company.

I'm not sure if RFID would be beneficial for a small hospital like mine. Maybe for coolers but we even have less than 10 of those.

20 hours ago, David Saikin said:

I'd get a few of the blood bank vending machines.  One for the OR and one for the ED.

Yes!  And if your LIS is compatible it can even EXM it for you if testing is complete.  Blood kiosks are on my list, but I dunno if this grant can handle that price.

On 10/4/2022 at 7:27 AM, John C. Staley said:

At my last large facility they built a new hospital (we moved in in March 2002).  Lab supervisors were able to design their section.  As a fluke I put windows in my design.  I was shocked when, on our first walk through the Transfusion service actually had windows!!!  Wish I had put a couple in my office!

I am jealous! Windows!!!