Donor serological screening test repeating process question

Is the specimen from the actual blood donation draw? Are you using serologic methods? I assume yes for these 2 questions.  All reactive initial results need to be repeated in duplicate.  Interpretation is based on best of 2 out of 3. For example your initial result is reactive, 2nd is reactive, but 3rd is non-reactive. You're interpretation is reactive. 

Then send out the donor specimen for confirmatory testing. Good luck. 

Edited by SbbPerson
syntax

thanx for replay

yes we draw from actual blood and we are using CMIA ARCHITECT for screening donors

but we hosted an assessor that told us to use "another source" to repeat the test and he suggests to use a new  specimen from blood bag .

thats why i am asking if someone else doing this!

12 hours ago, yayani said:

thanx for replay

yes we draw from actual blood and we are using CMIA ARCHITECT for screening donors

but we hosted an assessor that told us to use "another source" to repeat the test and he suggests to use a new  specimen from blood bag .

thats why i am asking if someone else doing this!

Another source? Do you mean from a different blood draw? You would have to call in the patient to have the blood drawn again.  But usually we don’t call patients back unless if we need more specimen or that there was a possible error in specimen processing. 

I am not sure why would you need another specimen from the same blood unit. You collected the specimen tubes from the initial donor draw? So the assessor wants you to draw another specimen directly from the bag after it is collected already? 

• 2 weeks later...