Dr Larry Petz.

Malcolm Needs

It is with huge regret that I have to report the fact that I have heard that Dr Larry Petz died on 2nd June following a short illness.

One of the all time greats of the world of blood transfusion.

May he rest in peace and I send my condolences to his family, friends and colleagues. 

073 (2).JPG

Thanks Malcolm.  One issue with a very long life is that few are left who remember you.  Larry was a remarkable and important contributor to progress in transfusion medicine, particularly on the subject of autoimmune hemolytic anemias, along with his long time collaborator, the late George Garratty.  I remember both of them well and wish peace to their family and friends.

1 hour ago, Neil Blumberg said:

Thanks Malcolm.  One issue with a very long life is that few are left who remember you.  Larry was a remarkable and important contributor to progress in transfusion medicine, particularly on the subject of autoimmune hemolytic anemias, along with his long time collaborator, the late George Garratty.  I remember both of them well and wish peace to their family and friends.

The Petz and Garratty book Immune Hemolytic Anemias has been very helpful tp me. There is so much between those covers!

• 2 weeks later...