Reconstituted Red Cells

LK11

Hello SoftBank users, 

I need guidance to set up reconstituted RBC, want to prepare by using AS3 or AS1 red cells and thawed FFP, FP24 or  RT<24hr Frozen <24hr plasma.

Can someone share set up of reconstituted red cells? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I apologize, I have never used Softbank, but I am familiar with reconstituted RBCs. I assume when you say Reconstituted RBCS, you are talking about adding plasma to red cells to get a desired hematocrit. The attachments is from the ICCBBA website.  It tells you how to get an FDA compliant product label for reconstituted red blood cells. 

https://www.iccbba.org/uploads/b3/03/b303897194221c1b11b7637c5b3812f0/Reconstituted-Red-Blood-Cells.pdf

Also, there are simple math formulas to figure out how much plasma you need to add to RBCs in order to get a desired hematocrit. But your software should be able to handle the math, all you need are the numbers for your product label. 

Reconstituted-Red-Blood-Cells.pdf

• 1 month later...

We have SafeTrace instead of Soft, but we have made reconstituted whole blood for many years.  We normally use it to prime a circuit.

We treat the reconstituted units as if it were two units in one bag.  We sign both units out in the computer even though they are in one bag.  

SafeTrace does not allow pooling of products which are of different product types.  If Soft will allow that, you may be able to use that to avoid dealing with two unit numbers, etc.