Pelican credo annual re-certification process

applejw

We use Pelican ProMed credos for carrying blood on ambulances and helicopters.  To what extent to we need to go to re-certify these credos annually?  Every payload includes a datalogger.  Would it be acceptable to review temperature data during certain months, verify that the panels are within expiration dates and that the containers appear undamaged to consider them to be re-certified for another year?

Personally I think what you have suggested should be adequate.  I'm not sure what else you could do that would add anything of value to what you are trying to accomplish which in my mind is simply confirming that the units are functioning to specs and within the parameters you have identified.  I assume you keep the information provided by the dataloggers to show any inspectors inclined to ask.  Having said this, it's just my opinion but it will be interesting to see what others may contribute.   One final thought, does the manufacturer provide any guidance?

:coffeecup: