Chido / Rodgers Identification

Chido and Rodgers can be neutralized with Chido/Rodgers positive plasma, what are the antibody characteristics that suggest such an antibody that make you decide to do the antibody neutralization? 

My understanding is they will be pan-reactive with most if not all identification panel cells and non reactive in enzyme, are there any other characteristics that should lead to the decision to try neutralization or should it be performed on any pan-reactive, non enzyme reactive AB?  

Thanks

In my experience with HTLA like antibodies you usually have a feeling to go that route by the way they shake off, they are generally weaker reactions and sometimes hard to reproduce.  As Malcom has stated, I have heard strong Ch/Rg antibodies that need to be diluted out to neutralize.  I personally like to do a titer, and I find that antibodies to Ch/Rg usually like gel.  But that's when they place nice... 

Hope that was helpful

Agree with Malcolm and OkayestSBB. The process I would suggest is to only investigate then call Ch/Rg once the following criteria are met: there should be reactivity on phenosimilar cells, which should titer out to your HTLA defined policy. Reactivity should be negative with Ficin treated cells and positive with 0.2M DTT treated cells. Then neutralize with plasma (and saline controls). Hope that helps.  

3 hours ago, Ensis01 said:

Agree with Malcolm and OkayestSBB. The process I would suggest is to only investigate then call Ch/Rg once the following criteria are met: there should be reactivity on phenosimilar cells, which should titer out to your HTLA defined policy. Reactivity should be negative with Ficin treated cells and positive with 0.2M DTT treated cells. Then neutralize with plasma (and saline controls). Hope that helps.  

True, but, as I said above, strong examples can, and do, react with enzyme-treated red cells.