Any Level 1 with Epic / Wellsky combo?

We are moving from Cerner. Trying to find a similar facility using this combo to ask questions to and see how problems are solved.  We have not been paired with a like account.  Let's be friends! :D

Edited by RrayVCU

make certain you validate the time it takes to populate in EPIC (I temp managed a facility that went live with EPIC and HCLL on the same day.  After some investigation why Nursing couldn't find units when we called that they were available for transfusion, it turned out that it took about 30 minutes for EPIC to receive and make available data from HCLL).  I was not privy to validations though I did have to approve them (seemed kind of bizarre).  I do not know the outcome as my tenure was up before it was resolved - I wanted to bring the FDA in.  Facility chose to bring in some folks higher up in the food chain to help resolve this issue.

Edited by David Saikin
syntax fix

On 1/13/2021 at 5:06 PM, sgoertzen said:

Our hospital went LIVE with Epic and WellSky in April 2020. The rest of the lab is Epic Beaker. We previously had MediTech house-wide. We have not experienced an interface delay between the 2 systems as David mentions above. We're a children's hospital with a level 2 trauma center.

You are closer in size/services to us than NancyC.  Do you mind if I reach out by email to introduce myself?  

On 1/13/2021 at 7:44 AM, David Saikin said:

make certain you validate the time it takes to populate in EPIC (I temp managed a facility that went live with EPIC and HCLL on the same day.  After some investigation why Nursing couldn't find units when we called that they were available for transfusion, it turned out that it took about 30 minutes for EPIC to receive and make available data from HCLL).  I was not privy to validations though I did have to approve them (seemed kind of bizarre).  I do not know the outcome as my tenure was up before it was resolved - I wanted to bring the FDA in.  Facility chose to bring in some folks higher up in the food chain to help resolve this issue.

Well, I hope that has since been resolved! Sounds awful.

• 6 months later...

We've been on WellSky Transfusion (formerly Mediware) since 2013 when we went live with Epic Beaker as well.  We're a 300+ bed (at main hospital) children's hospital with a level 1 trauma, bone marrow transplants, extremely busy open heart surgery program plus liver, heart and kidney transplants.  We went live with WS Transfusion web based 2020 R3 in April.  The only thing we haven't instituted is Blood Product Administration Module with Matching in Epic but we're working on that now.  If you need anything let me know, samartinez@rchsd.org

HCLL since 2011

Epic since 2015

Nothing is perfect, but this is working for us.

We're an 800+ bed level 1 trauma center with almost 50 ORs, a very active labor, level 1 NICU, transfuse 30+k RBCs a year and about 13k platelets.

I'm not the most proficient at HCLL or Epic, but ask away.