How to titer for anti-Ena

monopolova

To be honest, I don't know, BUT, given that it would be almost impossible to know whether the donor of the red cells is a single dose En(a+), as it is with most of the 901 Blood Group Series antigens, I would have thought that any donor with a normal MNS phenotype would do, but that the pregnancy should be monitored by MCA Doppler.

• 2 months later...

Wow, it's been awhile since I have thought about En(a) antibodies! From what I remember from the 80s there were about 3 or 4 groups based on the antigen site's susceptibility to trypsin or ficin?  I believe John Moulds and Wolfgang Dahr were working with some of these variations.  Peter Issitt also had some excellent review publications on the MNS system.

Can't remember the clinical significance with regards to pregnancy and HDN.  I agree with Mr. Needs recommendations and hope that we see follow up information on this case.  What were the titrations and/or doppler readings' results?  Was the child affected and required treatments?    Is nice to see this information on rare cases for future patients' medical care considerations.