New AABB Standard for Group O and AB Plasma Utilization

labgirl256

Good day, all.

From our monthly LIS reports (we use Cerner), I have just been tallying the data manually.

# of O pos units transfused to non O pos patients (RBCs)/ total units transfused

# of O neg units to non O neg patients (RBCs)/ total units transfused

# of AB to non AB patients (plasma)/ total units transfused

• 3 months later...

We pull a transfusion report and export to Excel, then use filters to get the data we want. 

Transfusing facilities shall have a peer-review program that monitors and addresses transfusion practices for all categories of blood and blood components. The following shall be monitored:

7)    Appropriateness of use, including the use of group O/O Rh(D)- RBCs and AB plasma.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:20 AM, cthherbal said:

Good day, all.

From our monthly LIS reports (we use Cerner), I have just been tallying the data manually.

# of O pos units transfused to non O pos patients (RBCs)/ total units transfused

# of O neg units to non O neg patients (RBCs)/ total units transfused

# of AB to non AB patients (plasma)/ total units transfused

Hello cthherbal,

We are about to Go Live with Cerner Millenium. So for the reports, to me, look like **** for what I need to report out monthly to Canadian Blood services. What reports are you running to manually extract this data?

Thanks, Nikki