Ortho Vision Antigen Testing

Darren

Hello all. I have Vision and we have two of the Ortho Sera reagents that we use, the weak D and anti-K. The problem with doing antigen typing for us is that we don't do enough of it to get the Ortho antigen typing cards. If we got one sleeve of Anti-E cards we'd probably have to throw some away at the expiration date. Same with any of the other Rh cards they offer. What would be ideal for us and probably a lot of places is Ortho Sera for Rh antigens because the antisera has a much longer expiration date - 18 to 24 months I think. I asked our rep if they planned on producing those and he said that right now he didn't see anything on it. BUT if customers start putting in requests for it on the hotline they would consider it if they got enough requests. If enough of us Vision users flood them with requests then maybe we can get them moving on it. So the next time you have to call in to service for something request Ortho Sera for the Rh antigens! You can even call the service hotline just to make the suggestions. I think it'd be a great product for practically everyone that uses the Vision.

• 1 year later...

@DARREN, can you order partial sleeves from Ortho? Will they sell them in smaller packages? Another thought is, if you are part of a system, perhaps you can get your supply of cards from your sister facilities that use more volume. That would alleviate the wastage. Just a few thoughts.