Day 4 and 5 Bacterial Testing- Verax (PGD)

sunshine

• 1 month later...

we have used Verax for almost two years and are looking at conversion to day 4 and day 5 by the end of the year. Since we are in a non-metro area we do not produce a surplus locally and must import Apheresis platelets to meet our demand. Our suppliers (ABC) do not plan to universally switch to PR-Apheresis and since it will also decrease product availability and impact local accounts in a negative fashion. I don't think the other supplier will be able to meet the current demand for apheresis platelets with a PR-Apheresis as they struggle to meet demand already with NON-PR products

COVID has really put a damper on our local donations and will continue to do so for the short term

We are thinking of implementing PGD testing on day 5, 6 and 7. If any Soft users using PGD testing are willing to share QC and Test set up settings with us. Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes we implemented Verax in March during  Covid-19  since our Blood Supplier decided to do one delivery a day and put limit on how many platelets we can order and NO return policy.

Actually PGD test is  very successful, we manage to save multiple units. Training is easy and Verax Biomedical walk you through training,worksheet and control, validation.

Very pleased with the process.

Hello,

Do you have Soft as your LIS system? I am interested to know how QC and tests are set up in SoftBank. Do you transfuse aliquots of PGD tested platelets to the neonatal patients? Any help is appreciated.

Many Thanks,

We just completed validation and our only kink in the process is billing.  How are these tests being charged?  Are the charges added to the new product or not?  We use Cerner Millennium for our charges.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks

Sorry, replying late.

I received two emails, one was about the component prep and second one with 'not intended to send" in the subject line.

I just read the component prep email, it will help me to build the test but still lot of confusion which will get clear when I start building the test. Thank you for taking time to respond the post.