API PROFICIENCY SURVEY AND TANGO INFINITY

Any suggestions for placing the donor unit on the D rack for tango infinity? Ours is configured to accept small tubes (12x75). Unfortunately during install we never thought about a survey sample. Really do not want to ‘pour off’. Not an issue with the tango option.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  ThAnks Susan 

Its a Vacuette no additive tube 13X100, it should be compatible with every instrument commercially available in the USA.  Is it a size issue i.e. putting it in the Carousel? or is it a cell volume issue?

I have run these sample tubes on all Biorad instruments, Tango, IH500 and IH1000 and optima.  If you are still unable to run it I suggest you call Biorad technical support.

Hello Noel. It is the size of the tube that is the issue in the configured D rack in the TANGO infinity from Bio-Rad. We have contacted tech support. But in these trying times no solution for my facility at this time. We have poured off the donor sample into a smaller tube and while not an ideal solution it does work. We like to work directly with the specimen as received.  It would not be prudent to ask for one facility  to have a change in your manufacturing guidelines for future donor specimens for proficiency testing. Thanks for your help however. Susan

Hi Susan, i received this response from Biorad Tech support.  I hope this helps,   Noel

Joy asked us to reach out to you regarding this question.  I think the question is actually about TANGO infinity.  Sample racks on the TANGO optimo accommodate both short and tall tubes, so it is not an issue.  TANGO infinity racks are designed to use tall tubes but can accommodate short ones with adjustments.  This involves placing spacers in the rack and also a programming adjustment by one of our Field Service Engineers.  I have spoken to a customer recently about getting this set up on their instrument.  It may be the same person who asked the question of you.  

I hope this answers your question.  If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us here in Technical Support.

Respectfully