Lucas Souza

Statistical analysis of titration methods

Hi, guys 

How are you?

So, i'm doing a experiment where i'm testing two titration methods, the tube test and the column agglutination technique.

Now i have to analyze to know if they have statistical difference and what is the correlacion of the two methods, but I found it difficult to decide which statistical test to use.

Do you have any thoughts on which statistical test I should use? T teste? Pearson?

Below is the table with the samples and their endpoints, for example:

PLASMA TUBE A GEL A  TUBE B GEL B
1 128 256 32 64
2 32 32 64 64
3 64 64 32 16
4 64 32 32 16
5 64 32 64 32
6 32 32 32 16
7 64 32 64 32
8 32 32 32 32
9 32 32 32 16
10 64 32 32 32
11 64 32 64 16
12 128 64 128 64
13 64 32 64 32
14 32 16 32 16
15 64 32 128 64
16 128 64 32 16
17 128 64 64 32
18 64 64 16 8
19 64 64 64 32
20 32 16 32 16

Thank you guys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By WMMTSBB
      I had a patient that had an ABO discrepancy. Testing is as follows:
      anti-A: 4+, anti-B: 4+, A1 cell: 1+s, B cell: 4+, Screen cells I.S.: all negative, LISS 37: all negative, poly AHG: all negative. Group O donors I.S.: negative, Group A donors: 1+ to 2+. Saline replacement for A1 and group A donors: negative. Microscopically, the A1 and A donors do not really appear as rouleaux. So the question is why do we see apparent rouleaux only with the A cells and not the screening cells?
    • By aafrin
      We had a 46 year old male health check patient who has never been transfused before come for blood grouping. He knows his blood group previously as O Rh Positive. Our results were as follows:

Tube Test
      BioRad Gel
      -A
      1-2+ mf
      -B
      -AB
      2+mf
      ND
      -D (igG+IgM)
      4+
      ND
      -D (IgM)
      4+
      4+
      A1 Lectin
      ND
      H Lectin
      4+
      ND
      A1 Cells
      1-2+ at RT, >2+ at 37 C
      w-1+ at RT & 37C
      B Cells
      4+
      4+
      O Cells
      ND
      Autocontrol
      ND
      A2 Cells
      ND

We repeated the blood group with two other manufacturer’s anti-sera. One anti-sera gave the same result as our tube test result, but with the other anti-sera the result with anti-A was negative.
      What should we report the blood group as? O or subgroup of A? Kindly help.
    • By BloodBanker80
      Performing titers:
      Pregnant Females sensitized with clinically significant antibodies - Does your blood bank follow the AABB procedure recommendation or have you validated using gel?
      Other patients:  Do you use tube as well or use gel?
      Any input is greatly appreciated! 
    • By Jermin
      Hi,
      This is a very silly question, but I think I have confused myself. Why is it that when Rh phenotyping, we do not require incubation step, but when looking for antibodies, we need incubation to detect Rh antibodies? 

• By Jermin
      Hi All,
      I hope someone can help me with some clarification. I was reading about the presence of H antigens in different ABO blood group patients, but I am getting different answers depending on what I read. Transfusion Medicine and Hemostasis- Clinical and Laboratory Aspects- 2nd Edition mentions O > A2 > B > A2B > A1 > A1B with O having the most, whereas BBTS Introduction to Transfusion Practice-6th edition mentions O > A2 > A2B > B > A1 > A1B. Maybe it doesn't really have a big impact to my routine work, but it is still good to be in the know. Any thoughts would be welcome. 
      Regards,
      Jermin
  • Advertisement

• Site Suggestions

Site Feedback & Suggestions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.