TAR IN MEDITECH

Sue Arata

Hello,

I saw some posts about the transfusion record used in Meditech, however, I still need help. I can not find all of the vitals for each transfusion. I thought that perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. Could anyone provide me with the module#'s that they use to access this information? Perhaps the vitals are not showing up in the TAR because they are being entered elsewhere in the patient's chart?

Also, if you know how to pull a daily transfusion record report, that info would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sue Arata

What version of Meditech do you have?  Finding vitals can be very challenging because yes, they may very well be documenting in the vitals section outside of TAR, especially if the aids are performing this task because I don't think they can access the TAR. 

What kind of daily transfusion record report are you looking for?  There are a few standard report options depending on what you are looking for, but I also had an NPR report created so that I could export it to a spreadsheet and sort the data using various criteria.

We have Meditech version 5.6.7.  Our Transfusion Report is found by going into the Blood Bank module -- Management Reports -- Transfusion Report.  By entering the dates needed, you will pull up all patients transfused on those dates.  We use BCTA (Barcode-Enabled Transfusion Administration) which includes the ER using TAR to access blood transfusion.  Our vitals show up under the transfused units given to each patient.

In order for the vitals to “attach” to the product for various blood bank reports, the nursing staff must use the vital assessment within the TAR system (the Document button in TAR). If they choose to use a different vitals assessment outside of TAR, it will not attach to the product and you can only view those vitals by clicking on the “Vitals” button in the EMR of the patient and scrolling to the date/time of when the Transfusion was being administered. It’s a bit of a pain when you are doing Transfusion audits that appear to have “missing vitals”. They were often taken, but just entered outside of the TAR system in a different spot in the EMR.