What is an example of potent cold antibody binding complement in AHG phase?

pathlabtech

Can someone explain interpretation #2 and give examples of cold antibodies that can cause these Ab screen results?

Here's a example of an antibody screen:

Cell IS 37C AHG
SC 1 2+ neg 1+
SC 2 3+ 1+ 2+
Auto neg neg neg

Possible interpretations according to textbook:

1. multiple antibodies, warm & cold

2. potent cold antibody binding complement in AHG

Complement isn't bound at AHG phase.  You detect it there if you are using Polyspecific AHG.

In Ortho's gel I find significant # of anti-M's at ahg even though I'm using an anti-IGG card.  M's like the slightly acidic environment.

It can attach if you delay putting the cards or tubes into 37C environment.  I think the biggest surprise from colds is when you've done a preop screen which

is negative.  Later you set up in ISxm only to have it be positive . . .

I know I'm not helping you a lot.  Seems this question is based on your previous one about colds.

A few antibodies that can cause the screen results that you showed include; I, M, dosing M, Lea, Leb, P1, IH in a group A individual, newly developing multiple antibodies in a recently transfused patient all come to mind.  I'm sure there may be more.

In my opinion, coming up with answer #2 with the information provided is a bit of a stretch.

On 10/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, StevenB said:

A few antibodies that can cause the screen results that you showed include; I, M, dosing M, Lea, Leb, P1, IH in a group A individual, newly developing multiple antibodies in a recently transfused patient all come to mind.  I'm sure there may be more.

In my opinion, coming up with answer #2 with the information provided is a bit of a stretch.

Lol...in my opinion, I should look at the screen results more closely.  #2 can work...if serum is tested and polyspecific AHG is used, neither of which is a given anymore though.