Ortho Vision CAP Specimens

AB123

I'm in the process of validating our new Ortho vision Analyzer and have just run our latest CAP specimens however I'm getting false positives on the back groups. Does anyone else use this analyser? are there any know issues with CAP specimens?

Thanks 

6 hours ago, noelrbrown said:

Thats unusual, the anti small c in that sample should only be reactive at IAT phase.  You could see if it is reactive in immediate spin with rr cells and if so advise CAP about it.

I carnt really see any other explanation for it and would be interested to hear from any other Ortho users who have this latest CAP.  Yes the backgroup was clear on Diamed/Bio-rad and they too had a c Poitive A cell,  I tried the same cells on Ortho and it was Poitive, then switched to a screened A cell that was c Neg and it was clear. I didnt panel the antibody but going off the screening cell result it can only be anti-c.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:20 PM, srichar3 said:

JAT-C 

Got to the bottom of it with one of them ...

2 minutes ago, Dansket said:

Why aren't you using the CAP Survey specifically designed for automated instruments? I believe it is CAP-J.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 6:45 AM, Dansket said:

Why aren't you using the CAP Survey specifically designed for automated instruments? I believe it is CAP-J.

JAT is the automated survey. I think J is a manual only survey. 

On 10/11/2019 at 8:43 PM, swede said:

It is against CAP regulations to be discussing survey results before the due date.

I wasn't really discussing simply asking if there are know issue with CAP samples on Ortho Technology, as certain technologies do have know issues with EQA specimens. As this analyser isn't in use yet we are reporting the results from the IH anyway. 

ScreenHunter_055.jpg