Titre Value

AB123

Currently our lab ignores +/-, 0.5, or weak positive results (depending what your technology classes them as) on titres, hence we only report the titre as the value that gives a minimum 1+ reaction. Is this usual practice? recently we are getting alot of +/- Anti-D's that are only giving very weak reactions in IAT but confirmed in the Enzyme, hence when titrated they dont meet the criteria to be classed as a even a "neat" so we report them as too weak to titre. 

Just wanted to check  if this is standard practice as in my previous experience all titres were sent to reference lab and I never saw any report that wasn't at least a "neat" 

Thanks

We don't ignore the "weaker" agglutinations -- we still record M reactions... however, the result of the titer is the last dilution that is graded >M (i.e. is graded 1+). We have a test result called "below titerable levels" for a titer that doesn't have reportable results similar to what you are describing.