Poly IGG/C3 Card

KTUCK

Starting a new process here. Our current process is tube. We are switching over to use the Poly Igg/C3 card for DAT's.  I understand you get a negative or positive result with the POLY card, is this a final result?? How is it resulted in LIS examples? Does anyone extend the test to tube to determine which is positive, the Igg or C3?

Usually if you have positive DAT with  polyspecific AHG, no matter tube, gel, etc, it should be followed up with the monospecific anti-IgG and anti-C3 (-b or -b,-d) using the same technology.  The reason:  for me, a 2+ reaction in gel is invariably negative w tube testing.

I'd check w your regulatory folks to see what they demand is this situation before you get cited.  CAP says you just need to use the poly card (detect IgG and/or C3b).  They don't go into use of monospecifics (except to make sure you are qcing the mono reagents).    but I think the knowledge of what is being detected provides the MD with better information on the patient.

I was wondering if there was ant magical thing I was missing. Ortho brings this wonderful instrument in, states Oh yea you can do DAT easily on it. Yea, it is looking like its not going to be so easy after all. Looks like I would have to run the POLy, if POS, run an IGG and somehow anti-c3d, c3b prob in buffer card. 

Im thinking I might just stick with tube.

Although going back to when Im doing comparisons with the tube and gel, I havent yet seen where there was a 2+ reaction in the gel with a negative reaction in tube. Its usually about a reaction worth difference. and seem to always agree on being either positive or negative. 

We do have alot of oncology so Im thinking it may be best to stick with what Im doing now and revisit later if possible. Thanks for input