Specimen Expiration

bevydawn1

22 hours ago, David Saikin said:

3rd day at midnight; draw day is day 0.

Same here.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:02 AM, ANORRIS said:

Meditech is set for 72 hrs

We have Meditech set to expire as close to 3rd day at midnight as we can get it, but we cannot make exact.  It is always within an hour so it is rarely a problem, but I wish they would allow days instead of hours!

1 hour ago, BankerGirl said:

Same here.

We have Meditech set to expire as close to 3rd day at midnight as we can get it, but we cannot make exact.  It is always within an hour so it is rarely a problem, but I wish they would allow days instead of hours!

I'm curious how you do this. We have Meditech also and this is what started the debate. Lol

22 hours ago, bevydawn1 said:

I'm curious how you do this. We have Meditech also and this is what started the debate. Lol

What version of Meditech are you on?  I did this with a rule in v5.x and also in Expanse 6.x.  I found it on the KB section of their website.  I don't see it anymore, but I can email you my rule if you are interested.  I also found KB article 43874 that addresses extending specimen expiration date to 72 hours after surgery date rather than specimen collection date.  It is based on location, and may or may not be applicable to you.  

On 8/16/2019 at 8:16 AM, BankerGirl said:

What version of Meditech are you on?  I did this with a rule in v5.x and also in Expanse 6.x.  I found it on the KB section of their website.  I don't see it anymore, but I can email you my rule if you are interested.  I also found KB article 43874 that addresses extending specimen expiration date to 72 hours after surgery date rather than specimen collection date.  It is based on location, and may or may not be applicable to you.  

We are currently on Client Server 5.67 PP 33. 

• 2 weeks later...