Cord Blood Gel DAT QC

EAB81

We are implementing a procedure to perform our cord blood DATs in gel. The procedure itself is simple, but what the best way to do QC? We are currently using the Ortho-Clinical Confidence to perform QC. Will those procedures cover the gel DAT or will we have to do something separate? TIA

7 hours ago, David Saikin said:

If you are using the polyahg card you should qc it w IgG sensitized cells and C3d sensitized cells.

Many places only use the IgG cards, so I would think your daily qc should suffice.

I think you need to demonstrate in Day of Use/Daily QC that the Anti-IgG Gel card reacts properly with positive and negative control, not only in the Indirect Antiglobulin Test (indirect agglutination with 37C incubation), but also in the Direct Antiglobulin Test (direct agglutination without incubation).

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, Dansket said:

I think you need to demonstrate in Day of Use/Daily QC that the Anti-IgG Gel card reacts properly with positive and negative control, not only in the Indirect Antiglobulin Test (indirect agglutination with 37C incubation), but also in the Direct Antiglobulin Test (direct agglutination without incubation).

We do a positive and negative control for our IgG cards daily. Of course, that's with a 37C incubation. So, what's the best way to do QC in the gel without the 37 incubation?

2 hours ago, EAB81 said:

We do a positive and negative control for our IgG cards daily. Of course, that's with a 37C incubation. So, what's the best way to do QC in the gel without the 37 incubation?

You could dilute your IgG sensitized cells to 0.8%.  I'd make certain they don't react in the buffered gel card.

3 hours ago, EAB81 said:

We use Alba-Q-Chek.  Packages are stored upright. On the day we open a new set (set expires 7 days after opening), we mix vial 4 thoroughly by inversion and then add 40uL of Ortho Anti-D BioClone, thoroughly mix by inversion again and centrifuge.  This gives us a positive DAT control (reacts 1+ - 2+ consistently for 7 days) to run on ProVue. Any of the other 3 vials can be used as a negative DAT control.