Small Platelet Incubator?

ElinF

We are a small laboratory, with a somewhat busy blood bank, but will start storing platelets here on site after having too many patient scares needed platelets, and starting an MTP process here soon.  What is the smallest platelet incubator out there? We currently have Helmer brand fridge/freezer, but it looks like theirs model holds 16 units.  Too big.

We currently order platelets as they are ordered by physicians and take the temp every 4 hours, but this will not be feasible if we have them on site all the time.  thanks for any suggestions!

Elin

We have a small Helmer platelet incubator. It holds 5 apheresis platelets. It is the i series and is a counter top. We are also a small hospital and we keep on platelet at all times.

Edited by Kathyang

11 minutes ago, Kathyang said:

We have a small Helmer platelet incubator. It holds 5 apheresis platelets. It is the i series and is a counter top. We are also a small hospital and we keep on platelet at all times.

This sounds better.  Thanks so much!!

• 3 weeks later...

We are also a small hospital and order platelets as needed. However, we have been using a mechanical device and take temps every 4 hours and was wondering if anyone else uses a mechanical device to hold the platelets? The most amount of platelets we have had at one time was 3 and that's rare.

Helmer has new platelet agitator and incubator coming out in September.  I would get a quote for the new one and wait if you can.  I am looking to replace mine and am downsizing to the smallest one.  I attached the spec sheets and brochure that Helmer just sent to me.  Looks like a lot of great features to the incubator!  Continual temp monitoring so no need for every 4 hour temps!

Helmer Pro-Line Platelet Brochure 380450-1.pdf Helmer TDS-PC100-Pro Platelet Incubator Spec sheet.pdf Helmer TDS-PF15-Pro Platelet Agitator Spec sheet.pdf

I don't know the model number off the top of my head, but we have a floor model Helmer Plt Incubator that has three shelves.  

In fact we have several pieces of Helmer equipment, and they have all been reliable.  Also Helmer puts a lot of thought in the design of their products, and they will listen to you.