MLS

I think she's referring to a Masters of Laboratory Science.  I think it is available at a few Universities.  LisaMarie, I can't answer your question, if I am interpreting it correctly, but...... many years ago when I was considering getting my SBB. I had a lab director tell me that he didn't care how many degrees I had or how many letters I had after my name, he wouldn't pay me any more.  At that time I was supporting my young family so I elected not to pursue it.  Not too many years later I move on to another facility.   After 35+ years in healthcare I can say with confidence, any thing you can do to increase your knowledge and credentials will open doors that will otherwise be closed to you.

it would definitely put you ahead of the pack if you would like a supervisor or lab manager position... I am a MT(ASCP), if we get applicants with just a bachelors degree, they are paid as an MLT, so may be worth your while, definitely can be used to request a higher salary if you apply elsewhere, or could negotiate a higher salary with your current organization? do they offer tuition reimbursement? would you need to take on a lot of student loan debt?

sorry, I misspoke, yes, if we receive an applicant with a 4 yr biology degree, NOT MT(ASCP), they don't qualify for MT starting pay,  but I really have no idea what they are paid, difference is most likely very minimal, an MLT is 2 year MT is 4 year degree so different pay scale, but again, I would never ask anyone what they are paid an hour, nor would I ever volunteer my wage,  and if someone comes in w experience, they would start out at a higher salary than someone right out of school obviously. but all applicants can negotiate for whatever starting pay  they are willing to accept with in a pay range.  believe me, there have been issues with same pay for same work, people with bachelors should be rewarded,  etc. personally, I am not bothered with how  much someone else is paid, not my business.  I do know some didn't advocate for themselves very well when they accepted position, life lesson. my point was any advanced degree is usually a very good idea, depending on how much you get into debt to obtain it?