Antibody Enhancement

Does anyone use AES? If so how are you QC'ing the reagent? We perform ABO/Rh testing via tube method and Antibody Screens via gel. Normally the only time it's QC'd is when we QC tube Antibody screening reagents(back up, not used daily) but I want to work it into the everyday QC. I would love to know how its done in other facilities.

Thanks

I don't think I have ever QC'd any of these reagents except enzymes. 

What we've done in the past was evaluate the different LISSs to see which gave us the best results.  After that we just followed the manufacturer's directions.

I would do daily what you now do on your day-of-use.  The efficacy of the product in enhancing reactivity can be achieved by running a weak antibody at regular intervals (from Immucor Enhance package insert).  You would need to determine what reactivity is acceptable at your institution.

Not much help

Edited by David Saikin
added clarification

Your negative antibody screen QC tube (to which AES has bee added) would serve as a negative control.  Lack of agglutination in the antibody-screen-negative tube method is an expected result that demonstrates the AES reagent is not causing a false-positive agglutination.