Mock-up cases

Bb_in_the_rain

For those of who works in transfusion service laboratory and would like to learn more reference cases, I can post some mock-up cases here. If you would like me to do it, please hit the "heart" button on this post. If enough folks want to practice case studies on reference lab cases, I can post mock-up cases here weekly or so.. 

• 3 years later...
On 4/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, Bb_in_the_rain said:

For those of who works in transfusion service laboratory and would like to learn more reference cases, I can post some mock-up cases here. If you would like me to do it, please hit the "heart" button on this post. If enough folks want to practice case studies on reference lab cases, I can post mock-up cases here weekly or so.. 

I know this post is like 3 years old, but just wanted to say it would be nice to see some practice case studies in transfusion medicine. Thank you. 

On 10/5/2022 at 6:37 AM, Malcolm Needs said:

What did it mean at the end, with the "blank, blank" ? And why would the doctor ever advised the patient to get rid of her antibody card? That was odd, considering that she did have a history of antibodies.  

I have not seen many patients here in America with an Antibody card.  The last one I encountered showed me her card when I drew her type and screen.  This was very helpful for me, considering I was a one-man show! I did all the blood collecting and testing! I appreciate all the help I can get. 

Edited by SbbPerson
spelling

9 hours ago, SbbPerson said:

What did it mean at the end, with the "blank, blank" ?

It is a phrase we use in the UK when we are using swear words, but do not actually want to swear in public.  I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA why her doctor told her to get rid of her card.  We had issued it to her, and we were not very happy when we heard what her doctor had told her (particularly as the antibody was against a high prevalence antigen!