Asbugroup B have IgG anti-A, is it possible

Yanxia

I just encounter a 3 days old baby, his type is A pos, and has anti-A in his blood. His mom is A subgroup B.

If the baby have anti-A, it is IgG.

Is it possible an A sub B produce IgG anti-A? 

Thanks for your advise.

Edited by yan xia
typo

The baby's DAT is negative. Yes, the baby has anaemic and very bad sicked on the machine to help him breath. He has very servere infection, maybe this cover the symptoms which shows HDFN. And ABO HDFN is always mild. The jaundice is normal.

I have met two cases of babies. Their plasma had anti-A or anti-B, as their correspond type. And the doctors had not seen HDFN signs clinically. We found it through crossmatch.( we issue same  type blood to infant have no ABO HDFN).

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, yan xia said:

The baby's and his mom's plasma screen test is neg , and baby's plasma reacted with three different A donors' cells, so I suspect it is anti-A( anti-A1). 

The fact that the baby is DAT negative makes me question whether it is really due to anti-A1. You mentioned that this baby has infection, right? I am wondering if this can be related to infection or antibiotic.

I also start thinking if the baby's red cells can be polyagglutinatable.  

5 hours ago, dothandar said:

The fact that the baby is DAT negative makes me question whether it is really due to anti-A1. You mentioned that this baby has infection, right? I am wondering if this can be related to infection or antibiotic.

I also start thinking if the baby's red cells can be polyagglutinatable.  

Thanks for your advice. We often see neg DAT results with ABO HDFN in our work.( Because the A B antigens on the newborn red cells are weak )

You are right that I need an eluation result to support the HDFN .

As to anti-A1, we got 3 pos with A cells and 3 neg results with O cells. 

And yes, maybe due to infection the baby's cells can be polyagglutinatable, just cannot interfere with the plasma reaction with donors and screen cells.:)