GEL DAT CONTROL

Davidwa

Yes. We use poly cards and IgG cards. Negative control can be one of the screen cells. We make the DAT Positive control by incubating 1ml of O Rh pos cells with one drop of anti-D, mix well and incubate for 10 min at room temp. Don’t wash and make a 0.8% solution and use. It should give about a 2+ reaction (the objective), though this probably depends on the anti-D so you may need to experiment. 

Hope this helps. 

We use a RH + and Rh Neg 0.8% suspension from donor units mixed with low titer Anti-D for our +/- diluent control for our IgG cards. 

We make a 0.8% suspension out of our Coombs Control cells for a Positive control and one of the above 0.8% suspensions for our DAT Controls for our IgG/C3d cards.

• 1 month later...

Has there been any questions regarding the manufacturer's QC instructions for polyspecific gel cards if you are only testing with IgG coated red cells?  I thought I understood from the Ortho instructions for QC that a positive and negative control were required and C3 coated cells must be used to verify anti-C3 reactivity.  I'm not saying that is what we are doing but the question has come up in our BB leader meetings about QC for the poly DAT gel cards on the Vision.

We use a screening cell for the neg control and Ortho Coombs Control (made to 0.8%) as the pos control for both poly and IgG Gel cards.  We only perform IgG and Poly DAT's.

Edited by ANORRIS
added

On ‎02‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:53 AM, Malcolm Needs said:

Yes, but the card is European.  I have no idea if it is available in the USA.

022 (2).JPG

I love this card.  Had the opportunity to try it (thanks Malcolm).  Too bad it's not available in the USA.

I do not usually run a control with my IgG cards.   When I test w anti-C3b,-C3d I use my A2 cell as a negative control/C3 sensitized cells as positive.

• 2 weeks later...