- Performs and reports the results of laboratory tests in the areas of routine hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, chemistry and basic blood banking.
- Performs basic referral lab ordering and paperwork.
- Performs quality control and assurance duties.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology.
- Has ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Receives, accessions and processes blood and a variety of other human source specimens for clinical analysis.
- Performs and reports results of routine manual and automated tests in the areas of hematology and coagulation.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Associate degree required.
- Florida state license in the specialties of Hematology, Clinical Chemistry and Serology required. Immunohematology and Microbiology preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Medical technologist preferred.
- Follows established policies and procedures pertaining to quality control requirements and acceptability of data.
- Is knowledgeable of theory, testing principles, and instrumentation related to routine clinical laboratory procedures in the areas of hematology, coagulation, blood banking, microbiology and clinical chemistry.