Bio-Rad Poly DAT gel card

MOBB

I don't believe this card is available in the USA.  I have had the opportunity to use some as "research only" and really liked them.  Unfortunately I had no way to QC the various entities but they were very interesting to "play" with.  Had a patient with a very strong cold agglutinin and expected to see complement on the red cells - anti-IgM+.

On 1/19/2017 at 8:24 AM, mollyredone said:

I saw the poly card from Ortho (IgG and complement) for DAT since we used to do DAT with poly first, but if it was positive you would have to do the IgG and complement separate so we just went to IgG cards, which we already used and buffered gel cards for complement.

How did the complement+buffer card work for you? My ref lab said they couldn't get it to correlate with tube so they quit.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, mollyredone said:

I saw the poly card from Ortho (IgG and complement) for DAT since we used to do DAT with poly first, but if it was positive you would have to do the IgG and complement separate so we just went to IgG cards, which we already used and buffered gel cards for complement.

That is the route I went years ago.  The only downside I had was a strong IgG+DAT in gel sometimes reacted in the buffered gel.  I ran a saline control to provide a better interp of the anti-complement DAT run in the buffered gel.

11 hours ago, David Saikin said:

That is the route I went years ago.  The only downside I had was a strong IgG+DAT in gel sometimes reacted in the buffered gel.  I ran a saline control to provide a better interp of the anti-complement DAT run in the buffered gel.

Yes, I believe I got the idea from you!  So to make sure your positive reaction was not due to IgG in the buffered card, you added saline instead of anti-complement?  We very rarely have a positive DAT HEM.