Helmer paper recordings

amym1586

I have 2 Helmer refrigerators, a freezer and a platelet incubator all using paper charts/ changing every 7 days.

My paper charts in the refrigerator finish a full hour or more ahead of the other 2 even after getting changed at almost the exact same time the platelet chart rotator being the most accurate.

Batteries look fine on the screens.

Any ideas?

Terri no doubt has an elegant solution involving packing foam, but have you called Helmer? Their tech support is very good. I'm not aware that the scribes can be adjusted but you never know...Short of that, you could replace the scribe, readjust it every morning (you're probably looking at it daily anyway), or learn to live with it. An hour is not much of a space on that little disc; I'm happy if my techs just get the right day of the week and AM or PM. The purpose, beyond satisfying AABB and CAP, is redundancy to your alarm system to see if your blood got cooked while no one was looking, and to see if an unfamiliar tracing might indicate a potential problem down the road. The batteries, by the way, are only for backup with a power loss and shouldn't have anything to do with normal operation.

• 3 months later...

I've just ordered a Helmer BB fridge and even though it comes standard with a chart recorder, I don't plan to use charts. I am told I can download the temperature data to a USB and print the report.  Would that also be an option for you amym1586?  I'm curious if others still change charts every 7 days or are most of you using the download option?  I read on another thread where alarm checks may be done electronically rather than using the ice/warm water bath. I really like that idea too!

• 1 year later...
On 5/28/2016 at 0:53 PM, butlermom said:

I've just ordered a Helmer BB fridge and even though it comes standard with a chart recorder, I don't plan to use charts. I am told I can download the temperature data to a USB and print the report.  Would that also be an option for you amym1586?  I'm curious if others still change charts every 7 days or are most of you using the download option?  I read on another thread where alarm checks may be done electronically rather than using the ice/warm water bath. I really like that idea too!

Yes, they take temps every 15 minutes, we ended up with a whole lotta data!!!