SBB

tbostock

• 3 weeks later...

Terri, congratulations!  Can I ask if you studied through a program or on your own. And if a program, which one?

I am currently enrolled in Rush University's online program.  First year is SBB, then you take the exam.  You can either get a certificate for the program or continue on to a Master's in Clinical Lab Management and they will give you credit for all of the SBB classes that you completed.  It's recommended to take the first year full time (better chance of passing the test the first time), then you can keep going to finish the Master's or do that portion on a part-time basis, which is what I am doing.  Great program, great instructors.

I am currently enrolled in Rush University's online program.  First year is SBB, then you take the exam.  You can either get a certificate for the program or continue on to a Master's in Clinical Lab Management and they will give you credit for all of the SBB classes that you completed.  It's recommended to take the first year full time (better chance of passing the test the first time), then you can keep going to finish the Master's or do that portion on a part-time basis, which is what I am doing.  Great program, great instructors.

Congratulation Terrie...SBB now..

Yes it's a great program. I am an old student of same program when it was with UIC....and it is online program but is is not easy...you really need to study ....then you can pass it first time.

congratulation again.

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome! I've got the page pulled up and I've got an old professor pushing me to try it.

What are some good perks for having your SBB? Other than just being really awesome.

Other than making you extremely awesome :P , it will open doors for the rest of your career.  Crazy; when I put on LinkedIn that I had just enrolled at the school, I started to get recruiters sending me job offers.  My most tempting one was at the beach, $100K+ salary with lucrative bonuses. LOL.

Seriously though, you should do it.  You will have no life for the year that you are preparing for it, but it's worth it.