Question about manually entering historic data into Soft SCC?

Hi all, there is an outside chance that our little blood bank will have Soft SCC software installed as a stand alone program. First  of all, I didn't think that was possible, I thought it was part of a larger LIS. Our current, very antiquated "LIS" (Star) allows us to enter BB results manually, no interface with our Echo, all other procedures are strictly manual anyway. If we get Soft SCC, is it set up so that we could manually transcribe all the patient histories into it from Star, then going forward we have our patient histories in Soft such that a new manual entry into Soft will be flagged if, for example, the ABO/Rh does not match the historical type on record? Hope this makes sense.

I did a validation once years ago for a hospital going from manual Blood Bank record keeping to Meditech but it was a module as part of a lab-wide Meditech. So I don't know if this single Blood Bank system is even possible. Are my lab administrators misinformed?

Please request  a data conversion service! SCC Soft may be able to suggest a  company that can discuss the conversion of  the data already stored at your site. We are currently working on a similar project.  Manual entry of historical data is not an option. Patient safety !  Conversion is pricey but who cares if it saves 1 life.  My favorite quote "one error can cost the facility a life" 

Yes, data conversion is the way to go. We did that with SoftBank and it was excellent. But overall SoftBank is very flexible and you can add any antibodies, antigens, special requirements (irrad, CMV neg, etc), transfusion reaction history, and comments manually. You can also edit existing ones. There is a special message option of "note to tech" that we use quite frequently that we put detailed notes on a patient that are particular to their situation/history.