Microwave Plasma Defroster

butlermom

Does anyone know of a company that produces a plasma thawing microwave other than the Canadian company with the distributor in Florida?  I've been waiting 5 months for new bag holders and the company seems to have trouble getting the materials to make the parts.  We have a new microwave in the budget, but at this point I'm interested in shopping around.

You do know the technical term is 'elephant condoms' not bag holders? They are a nightmare to get hold of aren't they? We resorted to a wet suit repair kit until we got replacements. We have Transmed Saharah III now and they are brilliant - bit like a giant hairdrier. My experience of microwaves is stinky scrambled egg when the bags burst - BOKE!

We have a microwave thawer (from the company in FL); we love it.  But yes, when we need it fixed or need a part, it does take a long time.  There's nothing like thawing in 5-7 minutes though, so when it's back in service we are all happy.

As far as I know nobody else makes a microwave thawer.

• 9 months later...

We have a microwave thawer (from the company in FL); we love it.  But yes, when we need it fixed or need a part, it does take a long time.  There's nothing like thawing in 5-7 minutes though, so when it's back in service we are all happy.

As far as I know nobody else makes a microwave thawer.

Do you have to keep a back up method in house in case you are down for an extended amout of time?