Malcolm is coming to town.......

Dr. Pepper

I am very pleased to announce that Malcolm Needs will be speaking at the 67th Laboratory Science Convention of the ASCLS-CNE in Providence, RI, at 10:30 on Wednesday April 29. Malcolm's presentation will be on "Transfusion in a Multi-Ethnic Population". It's a 3 day convention, from 4/28-30, offering concurrent lectures in all the lab disciplines. I will post our program as soon as it is finalized. It will include preregistration information. I can also provide info on local food and lodging if anyone is interested.

Phil

I have great pity for the less fortunate who must settle for Tahiti and Easter Island instead of the much more exotic locale of downtown Providence. As it happens, though, Malcolm's talk ends at 11:30, and there are (providentially) two brewpubs, Trinity and Union Station, a mere stone's throw from the Convention Center, where it might be fun to have lunch.......

Now, I KNOW this is a stupid question Michele, because New Jersey is not exactly small, but I'm going to ask it anyway, on the grounds that I'm stupid enough to so do, BUT, do you know my great friend Astrid Farmer who comes from New Jersey, and is a scientist with an interest in Blood Transfusion.

I left NJ in 1967. Grew up there. I live" way out west" now. Sorry, I don't know Astrd Farmer. Actually NJ is small compared to NM.  NM 121,599 sq mi, NJ 7,790 sq mi, of course, NJ has many more people.  NJ 8,899,339  NM 2,085,287

You mean to tell me Michele, there are only 9 million odd people in NJ, and just because you left when you were obviously a very, very young girl, you don't know the one person I know for a fact comes from NJ.  Shame on you.  I knew it was a blank, blank stupid question (but you never know)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!