Rhophylac - safety device

saralm88

Hi everyone!!!

I am doing some research into the potential of switching my facility to Rhophylac from Rhogam and I had a quick question.

The last time the company was here (before my time:)), the safety device on the needle was not liked by some people - does anyone know if this has changed or can anyone give me feedback on what they think of the device?

Thanks!!

• 3 years later...

We have used Rhophylac for years as well.  We don't have an OB department, so it is only being used in the emergency room.  Even with this low usage, I only have had one phone call where the nurse was having trouble with figuring out how to use the device.  By the time I walked down to the ER, she had it figured out.

• 9 months later...

If you switch to RhoPhylac talk with the Rep, they will be happy to send in training staff free of charge to help train nursing in any location that will be administering the product. The nurse educators at our facilities really appreciated the help and it allowed all of the staff to get all of their questions answered.

We recently switched to Rhophylac. No issues reported by staff administering it so far. We do use the adaptor for IV administration. We have a nurse manager on that unit that has come recently from another facility that had been using it for some time and I'm sure that helped with training. I second the idea of reaching out to the rep - we received all kinds of printed educational material for nursing and providers. They also offered any additional training assistance that we might need.